I wanted to get going with Atkins / Keto or LCHF diet so thought of preparing a list of groceries I might require. For a long time, I have stopped carbs beyond a number but nonetheless, I still had a lot of things in my kitchen that is not allowed in this lifestyle. The target is NOT to eat wheat, rice, pasta, bread, and whatever grains exist in the world for 30 days, yes it is a Keto trial period for me. I know I can live without wheat but not very sure about how will I manage the rest. I am going to try my best until I figure my way out to live this lifestyle successfully and with ease.
Let me take you with me for my low carb grocery shopping. This list will help you shop and try the Ketogenic diet for a month.
My low carb grocery shopping list
- Sauces with no added sugar
- Virgin Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Peanut butter
- Nut butter like almond or cashew butter
- Coconut milk
- Dry coconut
- Jalapeno slices
- Olive slices
- Himalayan pink salt
- Spices like oregano, Italian seasoning
- Green tea in various flavors
- Regular tea
- Green coffee
- Regular coffee
- Various nuts and seeds like almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, peanuts, chia seeds, flax seeds
- Soya chunks
- Mung dal for sprouting
- Black gram
- Chick peas
- Rajma / kidney beans
- Vegetables and greens like spinach, peppers, cauliflower, cabbage, green chillies, tomato, pumpkin
- Olive Oil – I think from Borges.
- Coconut Oil
- Cream – Amul
- Eggs – 2 trays of 24 ?
- Brocolli – 2
- Cabbage – 2
- Cauliflower – 2
- Soya Sauce
- Full Fat milk
- Paneer – 500 gms
- Cheese – Britannia Cheese cubes and Cheddar
- Desi Ghee – Since I have no access to homemade ghee ? , I settled with Amul Ghee
- Butter – Utterly Butterly Delicious Amul , tadaaaaaaaa ?
How could I miss Spinach ! Forgetful me ?
People , what else veg low carb high fat can I have ? By the way, I need to know where do you get sour cream. Or how to prepare ? I love the taste !
I will share recipes as I start to do low carb cooking ! Your suggestions are more than welcome ?
Those who have joined me on MFP, I have opened my diary for you friends, will start logging soon !